Espace Van Gogh, Arles
INDIVIDUALS + SMALL GROUPS
Always wanted to discover the south of France
but not sure where to start?
Ever wondered how to make a crème brûlée
or why French bread is just that good?
Dreaming of visiting some of the places made famous
in «A Year in Provence» (Peter Mayle)
or other less well-known villages hidden away
in the Alpilles foothills?
Thinking about moving to Provence and need
a place to work on your conversational French?
Looking for a different kind of language intensive program?
Let Arles à la carte be your guide!
Arles à la carte provides personalized programs
for individuals and small groups including:
- Accommodations in local host families, studio apartments, country villas, hotels, guest houses or bed and breakfasts in and around Arles
- Individualized language courses for those wishing to revive or brush up their French - all levels welcome!*
- Walking tours around Arles to discover the Roman monuments and museums, taking the time to stop into the best restaurants, shops and cafés
- Day trips to nearby villages in the Alpilles to visit les Baux de Provence and St Rémy and to see some of the sites Van Gogh painted, trek into the Camargue to find white horses and pink flamingos, get to know the sites and back streets of Avignon, Nîmes, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, etc.
- Other events, activities and courses can be organized upon request, ranging from provençal cooking courses to wine or olive oil tasting to flamenco dance lessons
* Following Arles à la carte's model of individualized language learning, class material and objectives are agreed upon prior to arrival based on the program participant’s needs and interests. A telephone conversation as well as written correspondence between the program participant and the language instructor help to assess language level. See “Director and Professors” for more details.
Write to Arles à la carte’s Director Katie Thornton (email@example.com) for a personalized program proposal and budget today!