University of Illinois students, 2012 – Théâtre Antique
Arles à la carte offers :
- Tailored linguistic and cultural programs designed to fit each individual’s or group’s needs in order to become more familiar with the ins and out of the French language and the best of culture and cuisine
- Quality French language courses through individual or group sessions taught by Français Langue Etrangère (FLE) professors
- Cultural discovery workshops: cooking classes with a world-class chef, photography classes with a professional, flamenco classes with a local dancer and guitarist…
- Subject based courses and conferences led by accompanying and local university professors as well as regional experts in the subject
- Housing in French homestays, centrally located studio apartments, country villas, charming hotels, guest houses or bed and breakfasts
- Excursions to local places of interest including: Avignon, Saint-Rémy de Provence, the Alpilles, Aigues-Mortes, the Camargue, Marseille, etc.
- “Language lunches” and other group meals to discover local Provençal cuisine while working on your conversational French!
- Guided tours of the historical monuments and art museums
- Airport pick-up, on-site orientation for groups, 24h administrative assistance and other individualized services
INSTRUCTION + FACILITIES
Arles à la carte believes that language learning takes place both in and out of the classroom. Homestays, excursions, guided visits and language lunches are some of the many ways that Arles à la carte enables individuals and groups to best adapt to life in Arles and the south of France.
Language courses are held in the Arles à la carte language facility in the center of town across from the Antique theatre. The facility is in a recently renovated 18th century "hôtel particulier", or historically classified building, and has wireless internet access.