UNIVERSITIES + SCHOOLS
Arles à la carte offers two types of programs for universities and schools: «language intensive» and «subject based» faculty led programs. Both require the collaboration of an accompanying professor and offer a choice of housing options (host families, hotel accommodations or studio apartments), day excursions, group meals, guided tours and activities as well as 24-hour on-site assistance. The specificities of each program type are as follows:
1.) Language intensive faculty led programs
- The small size and intimate feel of Arles make it an ideal location to hold a language intensive program, allowing students to practice their French both in and out of the classroom.
- Language courses are organized by student level and taught by on-site and/or accompanying professors.
- «Language lunches» with professors and staff give students another opportunity to speak in French and discover Provençal cuisine.
- Host families enable students to learn about French households, cooking, etiquette and typical dinner conversations first-hand, all in French!
2.) Subject based faculty led programs
- The rich Roman history of Arles, the continuing archaeological discoveries, the connection to Van Gogh and Picasso, the world renowned international photography festival (les Rencontres), and the proximity of the Camargue natural park allow for a large selection of subject based programs: History, Archaeology, Classics, Architecture, Art History, Literature, Photography, Art, Natural Resources, Environmental Studies...
- Courses are enhanced by extensive field study sessions held in local museums and on research sites and animated by local experts in English or French.
- French language courses can be provided at all levels for those groups wishing to combine language learning with the study of their chosen subject.
Write to Arles à la carte’s Director Katie Thornton (email@example.com) for a personalized program proposal and budget today!